How we prayed
We began each meeting with worship and proclamation of the lordship of Christ. This helped us to break through to the presence of God so that we could pray with a true perspective and with authority.
We asked for the covering of the blood of the Lamb who was slain and prayed protection and blessing over every Europe’s Wells group. We were one body together!
These were the guidelines that every group followed:
Friday 21st June 2019
- CELEBRATE all that the Lord has done in Europe in almost two thousand years. See the history page and add to it your own research. See how many times He has brought new life and remind yourselves that he can do it again!
- HONOUR those who were used by God in the past, for their vision, obedience, sacrifice and achievements. Some of them gave their lives for God’s kingdom. They are our spiritual fathers and mothers and God’s command is that we should honour them. (Exodus 20:12 – the fifth commandment) They are also part of the cloud of witnesses in heaven who are cheering us on! (Hebrews 12:1)
Just as Isaac inherited blessing from Abraham, and Jacob inherited from Isaac, so we have inherited blessing from the previous generations of faith. We are not the first, we are not orphans, we are connected to a rich heritage from the past. So we honour them. Then we will receive the blessing “that all may go well with you”.
- MOURN that Europe has turned so far away from God. This has happened more in the West than in the East but it is a trend in many of our countries.
- MOURN that we have treated the Jewish people, our elder brother, badly. The church distanced itself from the Jewish people as early as the second century. We concluded that God had rejected them, we thought that we were His only chosen people, we expelled them from our countries, we persecuted them with pogroms, holocaust and discrimination. Even today anti-Semitism is increasing in Europe. Pray for the salvation of all Israel! (Romans 10:1 and 11:26)
BELIEVE in His forgiveness and thank him for his everlasting love. He has compassion on Europe and will take us back as part of his beautiful bride. (Isaiah 54:7-8)
Saturday 22nd June 2019
- THANK the Lord for the spiritual life and revival that was here in the past at your well. Thank Him for His grace poured out on this place.
- FORGIVE and ask for forgiveness in identification with the specific sins that put an end to the spiritual power of the well.
- ASK Jesus to remove any spiritual force that is holding back the reopening. (1 John 3:8)
- ASK God to reopen your well, so that His spiritual power will flow again, that many will be saved and the Kingdom of God will be built.
- ASK Him to reopen ALL the wells of Europe – those that have a group worshiping at them today, those that have no group, and also the ‘unknown wells’ that have been forgotten, except to God. Ask Him to reopen them ALL!
- PRAY for the countries that are not so well represented with worshiping groups this weekend, where maybe God did a powerful work a thousand years ago but the church is not strong today. The spiritual power, the life-giving water, is still there under the ground, so ask for it to BREAK OUT!!
Sunday 23rd June 2019
- After reopening his father’s wells, Isaac then moved on to dig new wells. (Genesis 26:19-22) Today we ask God for NEW spiritual wells that have never been dug before. Having reopened the wells of our fathers and mothers, we now dig wells of our own. We need to go beyond what they did and build on the foundations that they laid – the next generation always needs to go further than the last one.
- Pray for NEW REVIVAL!! Brand new outpourings today! Places that have never had spiritual refreshment to experience the awesome presence of the Holy Spirit. The driest places to receive the biggest spiritual soaking.
- PRAY for all our technology, transport infrastructure, communication and media, the internet, social media etc., to serve God’s purposes today, to bring salvations, make disciples and grow His Kingdom in Europe.
- PRAY for a move of God across our whole continent, not just one region but the whole of Europe, from the Ural Mountains in the East to the Atlantic Ocean in the West, and from the Arctic Sea in the North to the Mediterranean in the South. And of course, bless our neighbours in the other continents.
- PRAY for the gospel to be preached to every people group and language in the world and then for Jesus to return, Amen!
Relevant Bible Verses and Promises Received
Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham, … and he gave them the same names his father had given them. …
He moved on from there and dug another well, and no-one quarrelled over it. He named it Rehoboth, saying,
“Now the Lord has given us room and we will flourish in the land.” (Genesis 26:18 & 22)
Then Israel sang this song: “Spring up, O well!” Numbers 21:17a
To all who are thirsty I will give the springs of the water of life without charge!
Revelation 21:6b (New Living Translation NLT)
A vision that God gave Ortwin Schweitzer when he was praying about the idea of wells of revival and renewal:
“Then suddenly I saw in prayer, at every place where there was prayer over an old well, a small spring of crystal-clear water appear, like a small artesian well. And suddenly I knew, yes, the Holy Spirit revealed it to me with great power, joy and certainty, that: “Europe lives!”
Out of 1000 springs bubbles life, the old wells flowing over.
Europe – your roots! Praying people of all nations – unite!
Europe was covered with crystal-clear water, more and more.
Europe, your youth is coming back!”
“I will not abandon Europe to her secular fate.”
A word God gave to William Porter, Beacon House of Prayer, UK.
This is fantastic and really important! This is a promise from God to intervene in Europe’s current slide into secular domination, into the so-called liberalism which is actually like mind-control. Instead He is doing something new, something astounding, can you see it yet? Habbakuk 1:5
“It’s only Winter!”
God said this to me when I was looking at some bare trees in Winter and praying about Europe. A tree without leaves in Winter is not dead, it is just in a season of stillness, and Spring will come again soon. The same is true for Europe; it is not spiritually dead but in a Winter season and Spring is coming! In fact, I think Spring is just beginning now – don’t you sense the first spiritual Spring flowers already blooming?